Thursday, March 12, 2009

Mr. Payestewa




Well life on the rez is definitely strange without my Hopi confidant, Robert Jay Payestewa Daugherty.


I owe so much to him as a friend and a brother. His departure was sad, and humbling when you look at it from a distance. People here vanish. No telling when you'll see them again. My suite mate, Mazie, took off the other day back to Arizona. Her grandmother needed her back at home. She was the only one on my birthday night that was down to go out with me to do whatever I wanted. Before anyone, before my bestfriend. (Aside from Jay). She took pictures the whole night and really treated me like a niece or daughter figure. You find those kind of people here. That got you.
..My room-mate saying "You don't let anyone ruin your good time". She said that with such power.


Hopefully I won't have to leave anytime soon.


I'll be here when Jay comes back.

No comments:

Post a Comment